An In-Depth Insight Into Performing Ground-Breaking Stage Shows
Morgan & West, as we all know, are magicians, time travellers, and all-round spiffing chaps. They have performed their trademark jaw-dropping magic all over the world, including sell-out shows in the UK, Australia, and South Africa. Recognisable from their appearances on Penn & Teller’s Fool Us (ITV1), The Slammer (CBBC), and The Next Great Magician (ITV1), their performances are suitable for ages 7 – 107.
In this episode, Morgan & West join Aidan and Ashley to share their expertise about creating a successful body of work doing stage shows. The tips that they share from their experience will help you in getting a head start in your journey of stage shows.
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- [00:50] Who Are Morgan & West?
- [05:05] Life Cycle Of A Show
- [09:00] The Process Of Improving Shows
- [12:30] How Important Is Production Value?
- [18:00] One Trick vs. A Whole Routine
- [19:20] The Secret Behind Starting To Perform Shows
- [25:55] Defining Your Own Version Of Success
- [30:30] Importance Of Taking Ownership
- [33:45] Should You Accept External Feedback?
- [39:35] Aligning Your Character With Your Performance
- [43:40] Do You Care Enough About Your Magic?
- [46:00] Morgan & West’s Stage Show Equipment
- [50:00] Are Morgan & West Magicians Or Mentalists?
Find More About Morgan & West:
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so, we’d love to know!
Head over to your favourite podcast player and spend just 13 seconds and leave us a rating/review!
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW THE SHOW so you never miss any future episodes that we share!
We’re also on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) so you can share the show, tag us or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist