Structuring Your Show with Ken Dyne
Join Aidan & Ashley for a fantastic discussion with none other than the marvellous entertainer, entrepreneur, and all-around clever-clogs, Ken Dyne!
In this episode, Ken shares so many practical insights and approaches to show structure so that you can present performances that your audiences ACTUALLY care about and enjoy.
This episode has drastically changed our insights over the ways that we structure our shows and we know that you’re going to LOVE this discussion.
Let’s get stuck in!
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- Who Is Ken Dyne? [02:40]
- How Did Ken Learn To Keep His Audience Engaged? [06:00]
- DO NOT MAKE THESE MISTAKES AT THE START OF YOUR SHOW[09:07]
- Getting Introduced The Best Way That You Possibly Can [21:00]
- Stop Having Dinner With Your Audiences (A Networking Tip) [25:20]
- Using A Written Introduction [26:25]
- How To Handle Hecklers By Using Your Character [29:24]
- Simple Performance Techniques That Force Your Audiences To Get Involved [34:17]
- How To Stop Your Shows Being A String Of Tricks [40:06]
- Using Contrast To Improve Your Storytelling & Shows [45:48]
- Why You Shouldn’t Structure Your Show Based On ‘Impossibility’ [49:46]
- Using Shapes To Build Variety [55:42]
- WHY NONE OF THIS EPISODE MATTERS [01:01:06]
Where To Find Ken Dyne:
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so, we’d love to know!
Head over to your favourite podcast player and spend just 13 seconds and leave us a rating/review!
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW THE SHOW so you never miss any future episodes that we share!
We’re also on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) so you can share the show, tag us or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist